Electric Violinist Joseph Shackelford is transforming the perception of what is possible with the violin and genres such as Rock, Pop, Blues, and more. Described as the “Jimi Hendrix of Violin," Joseph is taking on the world one stage at a time! Joseph continues to be touring throughout the US with an average draw of 150, & has worked with/supported: 3 Doors Down, Ben Folds, Whisky Myers, Will Hoge, Dwight Yoakam, ABBA (Arrival from Sweden), Taylor Hicks, Luke Combs, Travis Tritt, and many more. Developing a diehard fan base, Joseph’s shows always deliver! Equipped with an energy that is fun and engaging, Joseph creates an experience that will rock any music festival or concert venue!
It’s time to rock!
It’s time to rock!
Joseph at Glance
- High Energy Rock Show with 150 Average Draw
- Has worked with/supported artists such as:
3 Doors Down, Ben Folds, Dwight YoaKam, Barrett Baber, Whisky Myers, Will Hoge, ABBA (Arrival from Sweden), Taylor Hicks, Luke Combs, Travis Tritt, Doug Supernaw, and many more
- Studied Classical Violin at CIM (Cleveland Institute of Music) and University of Memphis in addition to studying privately with many notable violinists
- Has studied/coached by names such as Ivan Zenaty, Rachel Barton Pine, William Preucil, David Kim, Brian Lewis and many more.
- Was featured in "World's Best Electric Violinist" by Mark Wood of Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Sponsored artist of WOOD VIOLINS
“Such an amazing talent!”
Mary Anne Oller
Talent Manager and Career Consultant to Columbia Records Singer/Actor Tony Oller (MKTO)
Joseph Shackelford - LIVE - Performing "So Cold"
To say that Joseph shreds on violin would be an understatement … He played as though he was having an intimate conversation with his audience through his violin. His stage presence communicated the nuance of that conversation, and brought every person into his world. - NASHVILLE OFFBEAT
“Joseph's musical talents are more than an aspiration …. You see, Joseph is prodigy and if you haven't heard him play some of the greatest Rock and Roll in history on his fiddle, you are truly missing a real treat. This young man is intelligent and can write, record and play any and all musical genres. I recommend that you give him a listen.”